Initially, I had a list of 25 resolutions for 2012. However, I didn’t want to post them too quickly because of my previous experience with New Year’s resolutions. Usually by the second or third week of January I have dropped most, if not all, of the resolutions. In fact, over the years I have made several resolutions but I can’t recall any that were successful. So, when I reviewed my list of 25 I realized that I was headed for failure once again. The solution was simple – remove 20 from my list and keep 5. This year is going to be different. By reducing my resolutions from 25 to 5 I have a much greater chance of success.
Five Resolutions for 2012
1) Reduce chocolate consumption. This will not be easy since my skinny Swiss husband loves chocolate and loves to share it with me.
2) Eliminate soft drinks from my diet. This is doable. Actually, I stopped drinking soda pop six months ago but had a slight relapse during the holidays.
3) Pass my driver’s test. After having a beginner’s permit for 4 years and practicing every summer during my vacation I still do not have my driver’s licence. After a few unsuccessful attempts at passing the road test it is time to seek professional help. When I return to Oman I will be taking lessons from a private driving teacher. So, over the next few weeks I will be fine tuning my driving skills and should have an Omani driving licence in the near future. (I hope it will be just a formality to change my Omani licence to a Canadian one when I return home.)
4) Drop 3 kilos. Starting today I am tracking every thing I eat and do. With increased exercise and calorie tracking I hope that this will be the key to reaching my goal weight by summer.
5) Run more. In 2011, I fell in love with running and I plan on continuing this love affair into 2012. Additionally, I hope to encourage family, colleagues and friends to take up running.